Features of CPK (also known as pence per kilometre) contracts include:
- A rate per kilometre fixed on mileage estimates agreed with the customer
- Testing, evaluation, inspection and tyre management carried out by Tyreteam
- Tyre maintenance by qualified engineers, including removal and fitment, ensuring correct pressures and tread depth and identification/reporting of mechanical defects on vehicles that may affect optimum tyre wear
- Worn tyres are replaced by Tyreteam, either paid for when used (not in advance) or included in the CPK rate, depending on the type of contract selected
- Disposal of tyres is carried out by Tyreteam in full compliance with relevant regulations relating to waste and the environment.
Types of tyres would be selected according to vehicle type and operational requirements. These factors could be determined through Tyreteam’s independent expert recommendations or to meet customer specifications.
If the customer wishes to purchase their own tyres, we can still conduct tyre management services on a maintenance contract, once again relieving the operator of time-consuming responsibilities.